HW-101 trouble shooting (IT"S FIXED!!)

Jim Temple jetemp01 at ATHENA.LOUISVILLE.EDU
Sun Jan 21 17:46:02 EST 2001

Hello to the group,

Thanks to Dave, Brad, and Ed, (you know who you are) the HW-101 is back.

All suggested looking at C423 as well as a couple of other parts.  I had
previously tested those parts on my cap tester, and the parts tested good,
so I was at a loss as to where to to from there.  It appears that components
will test good and still be bad in some suttle respects.

So to correct the problem of R405 smoking when tuning up, I shotgunned the
direct replacement of R405, C423, R401, C403, and C406.  (I didn't want to
do it one at a time and if it didn't work, have to disassemble, replace, and
assemble again for each part.)  Most likely C423 was the culpret, but if
not, certainly one of the others.  There you have it.

Thanks again to Dave, Brad, and Ed and the group.

Sincerely,

Jim
73, KF4ICZ