HP13 Transistors

Stu Lyon slyon at PACIFICNET.NET
Tue Jan 23 22:18:01 EST 2001

ECG lists the replacement of th 2N1558 as ECG179MP  (matched pair). They
show it as a 90Volt/25Amp/106Watt PNP-Ge AF amp. Sounds right.
73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Bakhaus" <bakken at NET-PORT.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 6:48 PM
Subject: HP13 Transistors

M. Kassay asked:

"A friend of mine has a HP-13a power supply, and needs the
replacement part numbers for Q1 and Q2. on the schematic.  Can
anyone assist?"

Since the answer may be of interest to several, I've routed my answer back
through the reflector. My transistors on my HP13 went out many years ago and
I replaced them with 2N1558 or equiv MP1558, both by Motorola. Don't know if
these were exact replacements but worked fine. Don't know if they are even
still available.

kcb

'name' 'call'"
Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov