Marauder,HX-10

Chris Kepus ckepus at CALWEB.COM
Sat Jan 27 01:47:57 EST 2001

Hello to all,
I just acquired a Marauder and would like to hear from Marauder owners that
could help me in a couple of areas:
First, I need a hard copy of the whole schematic (a tattered original
manual came with unit but no
overall schematic) and would like to know if anyone could make me a copy of
theirs (reimbursement for time, trouble, materials and mailing, of course)
or knows a source for a copy?
Second, I need some troubleshooting help.  Take a look at what the seller
told me and let me know where you
would look if a similar problem cropped up on your Marauder, i.e. output on
80 and 40 but
nothing on 20,15, and 10.  I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet and
need a schematic first. Now, here is what the seller said:
"Replaced power cord, Fired up, 100 watts out on 80 and 40 nothing on
20,15-10.  voltages are good. suspect 6AW8 Het Osc Mixer.   Deoxed all
switches.  No improvement. Internal confirmed to be very clean, no rust,
nothing broken. all shields in place. Final Blower Motor quiet. No mods."
BTW:  One gentleman on the "other" Heath reflector suggested that I may
have dead crystals !! ?? !!
Third: Are there any factory mods or ham mods that I should research and
install?
Thanks in advance.  This is really a good looking unit and I think it will
work great with a bit of troubleshooting.
Chris
W7JPG

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov