e-bay

Chris Kepus ckepus at CALWEB.COM
Tue Jan 30 17:48:56 EST 2001

The comments about bidding and selling on eBay cause me to feel good about
the majority of buyers and sellers.  It really is a fun bazaar.  Carl and
Ken make some key points about selling and sellers and for those of us who
buy more than we sell, are worth keeping in mind.  If anyone tracking Heath
stuff wants info on a seller besides that which shows up in the eBay
feedback, I would be willing to comment if one were to post an ask about a
particular seller with whom I did business.  This kind of exchange may be
out of line for this listserve, and if so, I respectfully apologize to the
group and won't bring it up again.  There are so many sellers that the odds
of a hit are pretty slim......but this is a small world.
73,
Chris

----------
> From: Ken <wn2sqc at juno.com>
> To: Chris Kepus <ckepus at CALWEB.COM>
> Subject: Re: e-bay
> Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 4:44 AM
>
> Hi Heathkitter's. I also sell on eBay and list most items "as is" for one
> reason. I have been ripped off by crooks who bid outrageously high to get
> the equipment and then through operational ignorance screw up the rig or
> swap out the good parts with thier burned out junk. The next e-mail
demands
> a refund "cuz the rig don't work" and threatens nasty feedback. Once the
> stuff leaves my possesion I lose control over what happens. This leaves
me
> holding the bag, so  "as is" becomes a protective mechanism for my
> investment. My 100% positive feedback comments protects the bidder. On
eBay
> feedback says a lot.  73's Ken

Their

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov