eBay

Sandy Gerli, AC1Y/G5CPJ angerli at HOME.COM
Tue Jan 30 19:30:30 EST 2001

Okay, gang...

Time for my two cents' worth:

I've had a ball on eBay over the past several years. I've been
fortunate to make some prudent buys; I've sold some of my gear,
too. Everyone I've dealt with (and I've dealt with folks from
overseas, too - Europe) has been a gentleman or a lady. I've made
some real friends. That's how it should be.

BUT...for all those who are whining about prices too high, outa
sight, rip-offs. For EVERY seller, there's a buyer. Or eBay
wouldn't work woth a tinker's damn, and we all know how successful
it is! Sure there have been some real four-flushers. Some Granola,
too (Fruits, Nuts and Flakes). Come on gang, these characters are
everywhere around us. And it becomes incumbent upon us as
knowledgeable folks in our chosen hobby to watch out for these
individuals and make good use of our Delete Keys when they show
up! A boss I once had (SK now) told me never to "dignify them with
a reply". Makes sense to me.

Given some of the folks who advertise on eBay, regardless of the
category (you just wouldn't BELIEVE some of the stuff that gets
flogged if you start surfing around the categories), it's great
entertainment. Hey, Dayton is NO different, when you come down to
it! Man, have I seen some odd ducks out there over the years! Only
at Dayton will two hams talk to each other on '52 simplex between
toilet stalls!!!!!

73,
--
Sandy Gerli, AC1Y
500 Country Club Road
E-Mail: angerli at home.com

Life Member: ARRL & QCWA
CCA, HCA, and Old Heathkit Green!!

Boatanchors are Ham Radio's heritage!
Restore something, anything! Smell that hot solder!
Better 'n booze...
And, you can get up afterwards if you stay away from the B+!!
Keep your finals dipped, now...

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov