"Micoder" Microphone

JBA ballen at NA800.NET
Tue Jul 3 21:56:30 EDT 2001

Keith,
The micoder did indeed come with a hanger "Button". It is located on the
front of the unit just above the horizontal mic slots. If I recall correctly
after all these years, the builder had his/her choice as to install the flat
metal plate and button, or just the logo. I do know a flat metal plate and
hanger button was included in the kit, and I always installed them.
Hope this helps,
de Benton wb5twc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Harvey" <keith.harvey at SYMPATICO.CA>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 7:15 AM
Subject: "Micoder" Microphone

Does anyone remember if the Micoder ever had anything to allow it to hung up
on a mike bracket or similar? Any pictures of the unit I have seen don't
seem to show a stud for a mike bracket, or a "hook" similar to Kenwood. The
keypad takes up all of the back of the mike and the front pictures show only
a logo. The thing is quite heavy and the cord is fairly springy and bulky.
If the plan was to leave it on a car seat it would need a seatbelt to keep
it handy! I'd like to add a hook of somekind, but I don't want to spoil the
"original" look.

As always, thanks in advance for the assistance.

73

Keith Harvey
VA3KRV - VE3KHV

'name' 'call'"