SB-102 Plate Current

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 7 19:42:14 EDT 2001

I don't know if the SB-102 is like the SB-110A.
However, the plate current "shunt" resistor is
actually the 10 ohm cathode resistors in parallel on
the SB-110A.  When those change value (do so all the
time) the meter reading will change.  I had to replace
those in my SB-110A and then add another resistor in
parallel to get it to the 1.6 ohm that it is supposed
to be.  Even using 5% resistors, it was a "bit" off
when measured with a digital ohmmeter (taking into
consideration the resistance of the leads at this low
resistance).

If they go "high" in value, then the meter will read
more current even tho the actual current is the same.

Glen, K9STH

--- ALLEN HEIBECK <kj6xh at JUNO.COM> wrote:

What might cause the Plate Current reading to be too
high when apparently everything is tuned-up and at
resonance? Using normal 50-ohm Dummy Load.