GR-2000 Convergence help needed

John H. Klingelhoeffer WB4LNM at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 8 20:27:23 EDT 2001

Dear Heath family:

It is time once again to perform a convergence adjustment on my GR-2000 color
TV (the back is off after replacing a dried out electrolytic cap in the LV
power supply, and YES, it IS still working just fine, thank you ! ).

Unfortunately, of all the 6 or 7 manuals in the set, I have misplaced #3,
which has the instructions for setting up and performing those alignments
(most probably because I had the book out 10 years ago to do the purity and
convergence, and did not put it back with the others).

I'd appreciate some words of wisdom about getting the convergence dots on the
screen (just throwing the slide switch in the slide out tray from NORMAL to
DOTS is not enough, there must have been more control settings to adjust to
the service mode), the order of convergence coil / pot tweaking (I still have
the color fold-out for examples), and perhaps the purity adjustment (although
this appears pretty minor at this stage in the game).

Thanks in advance for your comments which will keep a sturdy old Heathkit
running for another couple of years.

John...
WB4LNM
"One of the Hams from Heath"