DX-35 and DX-40 crystal cover doors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 16 22:52:37 EDT 2001

The project is proceeding.  WB6TNL has offered an
original door to use as a model.  It should be in my
hands either Wednesday or Thursday.

Today I located some 26 gauge sheet steel.  I could
not locate any 24 gauge and the 22 gauge that is
available is way too thick.  26 gauge seems to be
about the thickness on my DX-35 case.  Therefore, for
the time being, I will use 26 gauge.

I also have on order the "proper" paint.  At least
what is on the market to match the DX-35 / DX-40 case
color.  This will be used to overspray the black
wrinkle paint that I am using.  The locally available
black wrinkle (now the "in" thing for the auto
customizing crowd) is a pretty good match for the
original wrinkle on my DX-35 and DX-20 (which uses a
different type of crystal door - fortunately, my DX-20
is complete!).

When I am out of the "prototype" stage and into
production will let everyone know.  Hopefully, that
will be by sometime next week (depends on the paint
arriving).

Glen, K9STH