DX-35 / DX-40 crystal doors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 19 17:41:11 EDT 2001

Update on the DX-35 / DX-40 crystal door covers:

The original doors are made of 22 gauge steel (one was
loaned to me to see just what was "going on").  I
tried using 22 gauge steel to make some.  However, 22
gauge is just too heavy to work with normal hand sheet
metal working tools.

The case is made from 26 gauge steel and I also tried
using some 26 gauge for making the doors.  This works
much better.  Frankly, unless someone told you that
the original was made of 22 gauge I don't think anyone
would notice the difference!  The 26 gauge is thick
enough that it holds shape, etc. without any problem.

I am waiting on delivery of the matching paint for the
DX-35 / DX-40 cabinets.  The black wrinkle paint that
I am using is a very good match for the finish on the
original cabinets on the DX-20 and DX-35 that I have.

Thus, I am letting those who have expressed an
interest in these doors know what is going on.  The
paint is supposedly shipping today or tomorrow.

Glen, K9STH