12 Vdc Vibrator

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Fri Jul 20 04:24:24 EDT 2001

Jerry;

Sorry, I don't have a 12 volt vibrator. However I have several 6 volt
vibrators, in 4, 5, 6, & 7 pin configurations. I was in the 2-way radio
business when cars went from 6 to 12 volts in 1955. Most of the 2-way
radio manufacturers put out bulletins on how to convert their radios to
12 volt. It consisted mostly of rewiring the filaments to a
series-parallel configuration and putting a resistor in series with the
drive coil of the vibrator. You might consider this as it works well and
is reversible.

Regards,

Ed

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov