101 carrier supression fixed...thanks!

John Wb5Oau johnmb at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Jul 22 13:36:24 EDT 2001

Thanks all, for the help. The carrier balance pot was indeed
hosed...

This, coupled with an intermittant bias pot was what was making
carrier supression erratic / impossible.  I was able to clean
the bias pot, the carrier balance was replaced with a 400 ohm
10 turn one I found in my junk box. Supression is such that I can
baaarerely see the Relative Power meter reading move with no audio
input and PTT in. I am able to see the "bottoming out" action
of the pot as well, so Im pretty sure I found the sweet spot.

Nice to get reproduceable results!

Thanks to all who took the time to send me the suggestions
that led to this fix.

I built a 101 back in 1975/76 and let it go in 85. I wont be letting
go of this one any time soon I dont think.

73
John

WB5OAU/4
Clayton NC