Variable condenser part wanted

Bruce Barley kb0pzd at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 22 15:33:02 EDT 2001

Hello Fred and the list -

For long term dimensional stability in the presence of high voltage,
especially at RF levels, LEXAN (mfg. by GE) would be my material of choice.
It is available as sheet, rod, and bar stock. There are plastics suppliers
on the internet that will sell in small quantities to hobbiests. Lexan is an
amazing material.... it's also a principal material used in the construction
of motorcycle face-plates and helmets.
Try to use the clear, rather than colored LEXAN.  Sometimes there are filler
materials used to add color that are not so well behaved around RF.

Best wishes and 73's
Bruce  KB0PZD