P.E.C

Randy & Cara Randall crrandal at SEIDATA.COM
Tue Jul 31 19:53:44 EDT 2001

I have seen many of them in later AA5 ( All American 5 tube AC/DC ) radios from the late 50's to early 60's.
There were so called standard types as they were used in several manufacturers sets.  I remember VM using
them in their reel to reel recorders and the Philco Predicta had them too.   The weirdest one was used
by Motorola in a 4 tube portable.  The PEC was made like a multi story building with a 1U5 mounted
on top.

Randy KB8ASO

Bob Bruner WB4TAJ wrote:

> These were quite common in the Vacuum tube era.  When I worked in my Uncle's TV repair shop, we had a little guide book of common circuits.  They were made by Centralab and included common networks like vertical integrator circuits for use in TV sets and the RC components needed to make bass/treble controls in audio preamplifier/control units.  It seems to me the little book listed a dozen or so standard products. I believe the vertical integrator was a CRL 101.  I have also encountered what must have been custom circuits in various applications.
>
> Bob Bruner
> WB4TJA/9

***

"Illegitimus Non Carborundum."