SB-101 problem

Stu Lyon slyon at PACIFICNET.NET
Sun Jun 3 22:03:20 EDT 2001

Wayne,
The below ad was in one of the reflectors (Heath or Boatanchors) a couple of
years ago. I bought a bunch from Brad recently and used them in the balanced
modulator of a SB-401 (which had the same problem as your SB-101) and as
detectors in a HM-102 power meter. They worked well in both applications.

You should also replace the two 220 resistors on each end of the balance
pot.

See also the below URL from the Heath reflector:
http://www.tempe.gov/cgi-shl/WA.EXE?A2=ind0011&L=heath&P=R10569

73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
slyon at pacificnet.net

HP 5082-2805: Factory-matched, factory-sealed sets of four pieces
of HP 5082-2800 Schottky diodes-- ideal for mixer construction or
repairing and upgrading SB-104/A mixers.

Price: $3.00 per quad, $10.00 for 4 quads, $20.00 for 10 quads.

Add $2.00 postage (U.S. only-- overseas buyers inquire for postage);
please make your check or money order payable to Brad Thompson.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail.

73,
Brad  AA1IP

Brad Thompson
P.O. Box 307