[HeathKit] HEATHKIT - The Early Years

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 5 00:30:55 EDT 2001

There is only one thing that I do not like about
Irfanview:  It changes the icons on all of your jpeg,
gif, etc. files to the "spider" that is the symbol of
it.  Other than that, it does work great, especially
on those "expanded" gif files that come off of BAMA.

Unfortunately, gif often expands the size of the
scanned item to several times the normal 8.5 x 11 inch
sheet.  Infranview takes care of this automatically.
Also, the pages print better than they do with Adobe
Photo, etc.  I haven't found a way to get the photo
icons back to "normal" since the installation of
Infranview puts this somewher in the windows setup.
There are just too many files to look at for me to
even think of getting rid of this minor "headache".

Other than the icon thing, the program does work very
well.  And, it works on all sorts of graphic file
types.

Glen, K9STH

--- Terry Perdue <terryp at HALCYON.COM> wrote:

I just wanted to mention that there's a great freeware
JPEG viewer available that's very fast, versatile, and
easy to use. It's called Irfanview.