Early (1948) Heath transmitter

Chuck Penson wa7zze at JUNO.COM
Tue Jun 5 22:36:28 EDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:00:40 EDT "Steven W. Siter" <K1WGN at AOL.COM> writes:
>Does anyone have any information on the early Heath transmitter as
>shown in a March 1948 "Radio News" magazine advertisement?  The
following >taken  from that advertisement.

Steve,

The ad contains pretty much all that is known about the unit. As far as
is known it was never produced. I mentioned this just briefly in my book.
At the time of writing the ad was unknown to me. As far as I know, the ad
ran only once. There will be a bit more about it in the new edition.

The story I got from talking with Gene Fiebich was that it was designed
by one of Howard Anthony's hired gun test equipment guys. He did the best
he could but never could get it running correctly and the project was
abandoned.

Cheers,

Chuck / WA7ZZE

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov