[Fwd: SB220 Modification to 6m Recommendations]

Christopher W. (Chris) Boone cboone at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jun 20 04:46:51 EDT 2001

Fwded from another list...please reply to Robin directly as he is not
a member of Heathlist

Chris
WB5ITT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SB220 Modification to 6m Recommendations
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:17:00 -0500
From: "Robin E. Midgett" <rmidgett at bellsouth.net>
To: svhfs at contesting.com, vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu, 50mhz at qth.net

Greetings,
I have recently become interested in modifying a Heathkit SB220 for
monoband 6m operation. I'd like to have the recommendations of the readers
on what set of procedures to follow for the most reliable & effective
conversion. Stability, clean output & reliability are the important
factors, followed by RF output. I will probably run the amp on 220 VAC.
Thanks for your consideration.

73,
Robin E. Midgett KB4IDC
VHF+ Glutton