Heath HW-9 - Need Female Power Connector

John Clifford johnclif at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Jun 22 16:43:46 EDT 2001

I was able to go down to my locak Radio Shack and buy a Molex connector that
worked just fine.  I don't have the part # handy (threw away the packaging)
but it will be a "2-conductor male molded nylon connector with 0.093" crimp
terminals" (I've got the 6-conductor version, #274-226, that is used for the
HW-7 sitting in front of me in the packaging).  The RS # should be very
close to it since they are almost adjacent on the RS pegboard display at the
store.

I've run my HW-9 off of a RS 22-503 3A power supply using home-made power
cables with these connectors and it works FB.  BE SURE TO REFERENCE YOUR
HW-9 MANUAL, AND YOUR RADIO!    before hooking up a power cord to verify that
you have the polarity right.  You might also want to consider installing a
diode at the power connector inside the HW-9 to protect you from reverse
polarity problems.

Hope this helps,

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX