display boards for the sb104

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Mar 4 22:43:44 EST 2001

Hola...

I have made two prototypes of a display board for the sb-104. It uses the
same size display as the gas discharge tubes in the original, but these are
LEDs.

It's a drop in fit, you connect the wires from the harness to the new board.
Bolt it down and you're done.

as a side note, you can disconnect the dc to dc inverter the gas discharged
tubes needed.

to see what it looks like inside the radio, check the web page

http://www.theheathkitshop.com

follow the link on the first page.

the one shown in the photo is the prototype board. the final version will
have a solder mask that will make the board invisible from the outside.

I don't know what the final price will be. There's a few minor corrections
that need to be made.  Guessing about $50 with all parts and PC board.
--

check it out!

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems