greenlee chassis punch

w1id w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Thu Mar 15 09:44:03 EST 2001

On Wednesday, March 14, 2001 at 06:12:31 PM, Murray Grandy wrote:

> Does anyone know if greenlee punches are still available, or some other less
> expensive brand. If so, where would you find it.
> Thanks.
> Murray

I was fortunate enough to hava an opportunity to buy a set back in 1977. Don't remember the price was it was pricy even then. Even though I have a set, most of the time I don't bother. Instead I use a step drill. These are available at home Depot and Sears. They're a LOT les expensive, more convenient, faster, and drill surprisingly nice round and (if careful) beveled edges. I now generally prefer a step drill for most of my work because I don't have a drill press at home. The step drill generally drills rounder holes with hand tools than a twist drill.

w1id
e-mail: w1id at fcgnetworks.net

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov