Reproduction of Circuit Boards, PCB tools

Gerald Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Thu Mar 15 19:09:55 EST 2001

Fred Finster said:

http://www.apcircuits.com    A good board house in Calgary Canada. That can
do inexpensive two sided
plated through hole boards.  I  made a 3" x 4" PCB from my own schematic.
Cost $131 for 6 pieces.
Although there is no silkscreen, and no green solder resist layer.  You have
have that but costs
more dollars.
Fred Finster  WB7ODY>>

I can vouch for AP Circuits. We have been using their services at work for
prototypes (we don't do breadboards anymore) and we have always been
satisfied. In fact, you can do business with them through the web and by
email. As for PC board tools we had PADS but the "Grand Pubah" decided we
should use P-CAD 2000. Neither one of them is easy to use. In fact I would
characterize PADS as user aggressive. I admit to having a minority opinion
in this regard because PADS is widely used in the industry. P-CAD 2000 has
lousy libraries. We had to literally define common surface mount parts. So
as far as I'm concerned, I would rather have my fingers slammed in a desk
drawer than lay out a PC board.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov