Avoiding Scams

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Mar 17 16:10:22 EST 2001

I have been doing some "thinking" about the appeal
dates involved in the "Avoiding Scams" case.

Somewhere, in the back of my head, I am thinking that
in Texas you only have 10 days, instead of 30 days, to
appeal a Justice of the Peace ruling.  Since I know
several of the JP(s) in Collin County, Texas, I will
check with one of them on Monday.  If the date of
appeal is past, and if no appeal has been initiated,
I, or the "local amateur involved", will "reveal" the
name of the company.

Otherwise, when the date of appeal is past, the name
of the company and the person(s) involved will be
revealed.

Quite a number of amateurs have E-Mailed me with their
own "horror" stories about the exact company involved.
 I had been informed that the "unethical" practices of
the company were widespread, but, that information was
primarily second or third hand.  Now, I have
confirmation from numerous sources of problems with
the company.  Fortunately, my dealings have been
"after the fact" and I have not suffered any personal
monentary loss.

Also, all of us who were present at the trial (on the
side of the "local amateur") were personally
threatened with physical harm.  Because of this, after
the trial was over, the Paris, Texas, police
department gave us an escort to their jurisdiction
limits.

Glen, K9STH