Want info.....HR-1680 owners....

Ed Kotkiewicz ekotkie at EZL.COM
Mon Mar 19 19:28:15 EST 2001

I've been playing around with a couple HR-1680s and am interested in
getting a better handle on the power supply heat.  In the process I
found that good old Heath went through a number of
manual/booklet/schematic changes.  The manual that I have is kinda old
and has the following number on it....595-1830-05.  One friend has an
-06 and another has a -08.  So here's what I'd like to find out.  Please
dig out your 1680 manuals and see what your unit used for Q201 and
IC201.  I am interested in the -xx number of the manual, what Q201/IC201
were used.  If it is anything other then 417-852 and 442-626 I'd sure
like to know what it was.  Additionally, if it is different from what I
have listed here, I'd also like to know what the OEM part number of the
device is.  This data is usually given on the transistor/IC page of the
manual.

There is a Service Bulletin on Dale Wentz's site that says that in 1981
IC201 changed to a 442-617 but the OEM number isn't included.  I am, in
particular, interested in this one, and what additional parts may have
changed in that circuit.

Please send the answers to me direct, off reflector.  I will compile the
info and send it to Mike Bryce for him to add to his website.  If
anything earth shacking appears, I will also post a final tally back on
the reflector for everyone.

If anyone has any dead HR-1680's gathering dust that they would like to
part with, please send me a note with info.  I like to play with this
RX, even if they are hard dead.....

Thanks gang.

Ed

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov