SB-303 Questions

myname myname at RCONNECT.COM
Tue Mar 27 06:28:41 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Harmon" <gharmon at IDWORLD.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 10:41 PM
Subject: SB-303 Questions

> I just received a beautiful SB-303 with two extra controls on the front
> panel.  There is a control marked "NB"

Noise Blanker?  Probably a couple of diodes and a resistor.

>Also, there is a switch marked "AF"
> with settings marked "OFF - 180 - 110 - 80"

Sounds like someone wired in an early 70's vintage MFJ CW audio filter or
similar.  I've got one with bandwidths of 180, 110, and 80 Hz.  Some people
used to take them out of there little cabinet and mount them inside their
receivers, taking the input from the detector, if I remember right.

Tom n0jmy

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov