SB-303 NB

Jim Roik jnroik at ESCAPE.CA
Tue Mar 27 11:27:11 EST 2001

I did that with an SB303 myself way back when. It was cut into the IF stage
and a switch was mounted somewhere to turn it on and off. If my memory
serves me correct, there should be two short pieces of coax going to the
noise blanker board. To reverse the mod all you have to do is remove the
board and connect the coax straight through. To set up the blanker all you
had to do was adjust the overall gain control on the blanker board.

What I can't remember is if the mod came from QST or where.

It was a very valuable addition to the SB303, one that I would not remove.
If I ever get an SB303 again, it is a mod that I would want to put into it,
So if you decide to pull the noise blanker board and get rid of it, I would
like to stand in line to get it.

Jim  VE4AQ

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov