Off-topic - FT-1000MP users?

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Wed Mar 28 20:49:20 EST 2001

If you have an FT-1000MP to complement your green stuff, read on! I have
written a program for it that gives you a slide rule dial showing all ham
bands from 160-10, color coded to show the phone and cw sub-bands. Even the
entire voluntary HF band plan is in it. A moving red pointer tracks your
actual operating frequency (which is also displayed in the center of the
screen). Make-believe light bulbs light up behind the "translucent" dial.
Markers show where you last were in the front/rear memories for each band.
You just need a serial cable from your PC to your rig. It's free. let me
know if you want to try it and I'll e-mail the executable to you. You need a
display with 1024x768 resolution or better. (If you know VB and want to see
the source code, just ask! You can modify it for other rigs if you want).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Heathkit forum, already in
progress. Sorry to interrupt but this is likely to wind up in QST and I need
beta testers.

73,
Brian Wood, W0DZ
Proud owner of:
  SB-102/640/600, GR-64, VF-1, HD-10, HM-15, IG-28,
  H-25, GDA-1057, AR-1302 and 2 AS-104s
Proud past owner of:
  GR-295, H89
Proud soon to be owner of: