FS: Heathkit DX-100 Transmitter

David M. Nance dmnance at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun May 6 14:08:55 EDT 2001

Please note:  I prefer not to ship this transmitter as it weighs 120
pounds.  I will be at the Dayton Hamvention on May 17, 18 and 19 and can
deliver it to my flea market space.  I could also meet someone in
Chillicothe, Ohio the evening of May 16th. Otherwise, it is available
for pickup in Roanoke, Virginia.

I have a nice DX-100 in clean, unmodified condition.  It has a pretty
nice front panel, all of the original knobs and no extra holes!  The
case is also very nice with just a few minor scratches which you have to
look hard to see in the photos (links to photos provided at the end of
description).  The price is $275.00

Rated 100+ watts plated modulated AM and 120+ watts CW, the DX-100
covers from 160 through 10 meters.  Using a Drake watt meter into a
Heath dummy load, this one was showing about 140 watts on 80 meters and
about 125 watts on 10 meters.  Grid current, plate current, modulator
current and plate voltage all read correctly.

This unit has a nice front panel with just a few small nicks.  There are
no extraneous holes or other obvious modifications that I can see
anywhere on the unit, including the rear chassis.  The front panel could
use some further cleaning.  All of the screws are in place and are the
correct ones for the unit.  This unit does have the Heathkit supplied
update where the combination step and variable capacitor loading was
replaced with a single, larger gear-driven variable capacitor less prone
to arcing.  This was the same arrangement used in the DX-100B and was
made available to DX-100 owners after the B model was introduced.  All
in all, a very nice DX-100 that will look nice on your vintage operating
table.

Comes with an abbreviated, comb-bound copy of the manual which includes
circuit description, schematic and tune-up procedures.  It also includes
a complete copy of the DX-100B manual which is more appropriate since
this unit has the updated loading capacitor.

As previously stated, I prefer not to ship this unit as it weighs 120
pounds.  However, I can deliver it to the Dayton Hamvention on May 17th,
18th or 19th at no additional charge provided you pay a $50.00 deposit
with the balance due upon delivery.  I could also meet someone in
Chillicothe, Ohio the evening of May 16th. Or you can arrange pickup in
Roanoke, Virginia.

Here are the links to the photos:

Front:
http://www.geocities.com/w4sse/dx100_ft.jpg