FS gc-1

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Sat May 12 17:51:51 EDT 2001

I'm selling a Heath GC-1 .. Mohican...
I have one that works and decided I didnt have time to get this second
one working....  too many projects.....  you know how it is.
Am asking 90 dollars shipped, but I AM willing to negotiate and will
even
consider trading....    tell me what you have.
Heres' the scoop on it....
The audio stages are working, but its not receiving.  Could be a bad
transistor... dont know.... have only opened it up to check it out
internally.
It was well built.  No gunky construction.
Only thing missing is the battery box and/or AC power supply.  Even the
telescopic antenna is there and its all in one piece... no bends or
anything like that.
The coupler between the band switch knob and shaft and the bandswitch is

broken.. but could easily be fixed by replacing it with a plastic tube
and set
screws to join the back together.,,,   thats what I was going to do
using a
coupling tube from the final stage of an old sb 300 transmitter....  its
just
a plastic tube with set screw in each end that joined two shafts
together to
keep them insulated from each other.
Physically, I'd rank it an 8 to 9.  No big rust spots or anything like
that.  Cabinet
in great shape.
No manual.  Still looking for a copy or original to go with my other,
working one.
Ray  WA7ITZ

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov