Replacement crystals for SB 620 SCANALYSER

Ken Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Wed May 16 22:27:15 EDT 2001

Greetings Greenies:
        I am working on a SB 620 that was not completed. Thanks to help from
list members, especially N7BH, I am making progress with missing parts.
My final barrier is the missing crystal pair, one on 350.000 KHZ and on
349.850 KHZ. The best deal I have been able to find for new made ones is
thru Universal Crystals in Kansas City, MO. It seems that most crystal
manufacturers don’t want to venture below 1 MHZ. Universal has offered a
bid in the following quantities:

Quantity        Price
1 each          $45.95
5 each          $32.75
10 each         $28.50
25 each         $18.95

Notice that these prices are for one crystal. Since two are needed to
make a set, if you need two, double the price per each.
        Perhaps there are enough of us that need these crystals so that we
could make a large enough order to make the price more favorable. Some
of the repair guys might need them. (But hey, those repair dudes may
already have a stock of these crystals — if so, what is a set worth?)
Also, we would be wise to try a test pair from the manufacturer before
placing the full order. So here are my questions:
        (1) Does anyone have a working SB 620 who would be willing to plug in
the test pair to see if they work OK?
        (2) Would you buy a set, or a single from the pair? If so, how many of
which frequency? This must be a firm commitment.

        Also, you may know someone off the Heathlist who needs these crystals,
so please ask such persons to reply to my email address.
        I will be on a trip and won’t get back to my email probably until 24
May. But please respond meanwhile so we can see what might be possible.
--

Ken Ketner
ARS KA5ELD
        home:   ketner at arisbeassociates.com