Idea.....

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Tue May 22 20:45:50 EDT 2001

My FD plans are already set, but it is a cool idea. I once suggested that
the ARRL offer an extra 100 bonus points for using/demonstrating tube-type
gear to show newcomers how far we've come and to point out that this
equipment would probably survive an EMP.

I suggest you write to the plant manager and ask him:

Gary Hall
Plant Manager
211 Hilltop Road
St. Joseph, MI <zip unknown>

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Mark Graalman WB8JKR
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 2:16 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Idea.....

  Hi all,

  I was looking at the Hilltop road plant pictures today
and came up with an idea. I wonder if it would be possible
to get permission to secure a small section of that
property for field day next year and get a bunch of
greenies together with vintage Heath gear and
run an all Heathkit field day operation? We could
even get some commemorative QSL cards printed up.
 I think if it could be done it would be a good time.
I live in Toledo, Ohio but would certainly consider the
drive for a weekend. Anyone live near the plant and
could check into the possibility?

Any thoughts?

Mark  WB8JKR

'name' 'call'"