SB201 problem

Tom Ruhlmann Teruhlmann at CS.COM
Tue May 29 20:55:55 EDT 2001

I am open to advice concerning the following.

SB201
Someone attempted to put it on CB at one time and gave up I think.
Completely rewired.
Harbach HV, soft start , soft key and new relay.
Converted HM102 meter and it works on HV, Plate , SWR etc.
Relay circuit operates as it should
Only about 5 ma. grid drive indicated on meter - it just bumps.
Can drive up to 350 - 400 ma plate current at 2100 VDC and can vary with
power setting from the FT1000MP driving it. Cannot get grid current above the
est. 5 ma.
Meter switch in Grid position is OK.
Grid current resistor is changed to 0.5 ohms from 1.5 ohms and OK
Grid current should approach 100 ma.

I do not know the condition of the 572B's but the filaments light up just
fine and voltage OK.

A good deal going sour?

Any suggestions?

Tom Ruhlmann