HW-12 tips?

Randy & Cara Randall crrandal at SEIDATA.COM
Thu May 31 18:30:02 EDT 2001

Hello all and thanks for all the replies.  The consensus is that the carrier balance pot
is
bad ( And from the comments it is a real looser! ) with other parts in the balanced
modulator a close 2nd.  Most recommend replacing it with a a ten turn pot.  I have a copy
of the alignment
section of the manual and a copy of the schematic.  My 2nd question is how much power
output
should I expect with good output tubes realistically?  How much in the tune mode?  Also
how many
microvolts will equal an S-9 on this set?  I know 50 is the usual value, but it seems to
be off on the low
side.  The alignment has been done and the tubes checked and all are better than 80%.
73,
Randy.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov