No subject

Brian Conrad beijconrad at GDINET.COM
Thu Nov 1 15:09:35 EST 2001

I totally agree with Mike!
    I think Zenith bought Heath to get their Computer Business and expertise. I don't think they cared for any
of the other kit related items. It also gave them an outlet for their TV's and early VCR's.
    I remember an "Article" in a Heath pub about why Mr. Johnson felt the kit business was declining was because so many electronic pieces used IC's, accordingly less 'interest' in board stuffing.  I never felt that way.
I've stuffed many boards with lots of IC's.  I'm assuming that was what he was told to say.
    All the High end audio separates still use discrete semiconductors - just like the Heath Pro-Series audio components. And the complex units [ie. Home theater units, etc.] use high end IC's.  And I would love to build
any of these.
    I also agree with Mike that I cherish my unbuilts - but I will build all of them someday.
    I never had any problem with Heath's pricing - for many reasons.
                                                        Brian