Heath Kits (Air Craft).

Donald J. Peterson DJ.Peterson at FAIRCHILDSEMI.COM
Fri Nov 2 15:30:39 EST 2001

Ed Heath started the "Heath Airplane Company" in Chicago in the 1920's.  He
successfully marketing and sold an army surplus plane kit as the "Parasol".
This was a mono-wing airplane much like a "Piper".  He was designing and
racing the next generation called the "Bullet".  It was this plane that he
was killed in.

The company was then sold by his widow to Howard Anthony.  It was Howard
that moved the company to Michigan and began design and marketing of most
of the electronic kits that we know and love so much today.  The company
quickly became very successful and oddly enough, Howard was also killed in
a commercial plane.

 It was then that the company was sold to Daystrom by Howard's widow.

All of this information is available in Terry's book on Heathkit.  I don't
have the name of the book in front of me, but I'll try to post it later.

Don Peterson

ex-Heathkit Design Engineer