IDENTIFY EE-3402

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Mon Nov 5 20:49:31 EST 2001

Upon the date 01:50 PM 11/4/01 -0800, Neil Morrison said something like:
>CONTINUE YOUR LEARNING WITH MICROPROCESSOR INTERFACING
>Earn 7.0 Continuing Education Units
>
>This second course of the series will help you become adept with interfacing
>techniques and advanced microprocessors. You'll cover the 6800 family,
>including the powerful 6809, and continue on to the 68000 microprocessor.
>You'll delve into advanced PIA interfacing, analog conversion, serial data
>communications, memory devices and programmable timers. In 10 experiments,
>you'll gain an understanding of display multiplexing, I/O control,
>handshaking and the PIA. You'll practice analog-to-digital conversions and
>ADC interfacing plus EPROM programming, ROM/ EPROM interfacing and much
>more.
>
>What you get:
>. Comprehensive two-volume 900+page text
>. 10 hands-on experiments
>. Complete parts package for experiments

I sure remember this. Back in '81 and early '82 I was back to college to
catch up on those new fangled microprocessors (IC's were just becoming
commonly available when I was first at school in '71-'72, just transistors
and vacuum tubes (Yay!))

Andy Staugaard was the author of this Heath course two-volume textbook and
our class (Advanced Microprocessors) was basically a test group for it. We
had a really good time and learned alot. He had previously written three
other rather good books published by Howard Sams Co. regarding the 6800 and
6809 microprocessor.

>What you'll need:
>. ET-3400-A or ETW-3400-A Trainer (next page)
>. Multimeter (pages 31 & 32)
>. Oscilloscope (page 30)
>Prerequisites:
>. EE-3401-A Microprocessor course or have equivalent knowledge
>
>EE-3402 (10 lbs.) $149.95

I still have all my ET-3400 trainer goodies. One of those "Never Let Go"
items we sometimes have in our lives.

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
        Member of Antique Wireless Association