HP-23 recap

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BREVARD.NET
Mon Nov 5 20:34:28 EST 2001

Folks,
There are two schools of thought here. The first is to use the cheapest part
you can find,
mount it any way you can and get it out the door. As long as it doesn't blow
up before the warranty runs out. I fear you are from that school.
As an RF design engineer at the Cape, I designed a lot of the communications
checkout equipment used on the orbiter. I always used the best components
that I could find.
That equipment is still in use today. Now retired I have a lot of fun
restoring the lovely old ladies and my goals are the same. Use the best
parts you can find, and try to keep the look of the unit the same. Might
cost a bit more but I want my restorations working for future generations. A
little money up front is well worth it. That is my school and will stay in
it. If you are going to do the job, do it right the first time. I hate to
clean up a mess left by some hammer mechanic.
Wayne;
W4GBW