Caps

john van laar van at STARBAND.NET
Mon Nov 5 23:25:04 EST 2001

I repair tv's and the first thing i look for is caps next to hot parts always replace with 105 degree caps. When used in a switching power supply it is a must. My most used test equipment is a esr meter. The capacitance may be good but if the internal resistance is high the cap is not good for anything but dc. The cheapest esr meter is from dick smith electronics and guess what it is a KIT 73 john