AR-15 vs. AR-1515

Joseph Filice jpf at PHOTON.COM
Tue Nov 6 14:06:51 EST 2001

I built the AA-1515 (the amplifier section of the AR-1515) about
20 years ago when Heath was selling off the last of their stock at a
discount.  Is the AA-1515 basically the same amplifier as the AA-15
except for cosmetic changes?

I still think it's a great amplifier.
It does have some annoying qualities though, like those little panel
lights which illuminate the meters and functions.  They have a very
short lifetime.  I also have to keep after the switches and controls
to keep them noiseless and operating.  One of these days I hope
to find the matching tuner.

Joe Filice
KQ6GL