Help with Dentron GLA 1000 Amp.

Dan Pividal N4VET OTAKEBI at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 7 18:52:38 EST 2001

Have a Dentron GLA1000 Amp in which the relay wont trip.
The problem started out as a hang of the relay.
I would transmit and a split second would go by and then the relay would
activate and the transmit light would go on.
Then all would work fine for a while and the problem would come up again.
I know that the only things between the relay and the 12 volts from the
transformer secondary windings are a diode IN4007 and a capacitor 500mfd
50WVDC Electrolytic PC mount.
The secondary winding is used to power the control relay and the power
transmit light. Both do not work.
I hope it is not the relay because I would think it would be very hard to get.
Can anyone help with a way to find the culprit.
I am getting about 17 volts out of the secondary winding.
The diode seems to be OK.
I have not checked out the cap yet.
Any help would be great.
Dan N4VET