RCA connector question

Dave Edwards ham at CYBERCOMM.NET
Thu Nov 8 10:12:17 EST 2001

The only thing I can add is that there are RCA phono plugs with longer
center shafts. I was told they were used with Collins equip. They have them
at the RF connection.
I have a bunch myself, and they are differant than standard plugs available
at Radio Shack etc.
...Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: Craig D. Jennings <cjen at ONLINK.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 9:42 AM
Subject: RCA connector question

Greetings All;

Here is a question from a neophyte heathkit lover. Are the RF connectors
used to connect to the backs of such rigs as the SB-101 and SB-300/400 the
same as the standard phono connectors one might buy at radioshack. I believe
I've heard them referred to RCA. I need to make up some patch cables and
need to know if there are issues of voltage rating, impedance or other that
requires a connector that does more than just fit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Craig Jennnings
VE3CIJ
Moosonee, Ontario