hp23 printed circuit boards an update

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Thu Nov 8 11:02:23 EST 2001

Boys and girls

first off, this is not a bitch.  This is not a case of sour grapes.

but...

last year I proposed to this reflector that I may try and put the hp23
supply on a single pc board to improve it operation, reduce recaping costs
and to add a series regulator to the supply.

I asked if there was enough interest to go with the idea

I received over 50 emails all telling me to go for it.

I did.

four prototypes later and hundreds of hours of time burnt up,  and over one
grand in money the boards are done.

And everyone ran into the cracks.

One board has been sold

Now, I don't expect to sell a board to very one on this list. I don't expect
to get rich, breaking even would be nice, but I don't  expect big things.

I completely and fully understand that not everyone needs, wants or could
care less about this project.

There are other people that collect heathkit gear that are not in this list.
And of course, there's the collins people. I won't have to start eating cat
food to pay for the bills.

However, I have learned another lesson in life.

We need filter switches, regulator IC, knobs, frequency drums, shafts,
paint, manuals and hundreds of smaller hard to get parts and assemblies.

For anyone on this list to take up the cause to reproduce a part such as a
filter lever better think it over. I would simply tell you to forget it.

The cracks are already full!
--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems