Bama

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 8 20:46:57 EST 2001

Are you using IrfanView to print the pages?

I downloaded the program about 6 months ago and have
not had a single problem with reducing the size of the
pages to 8.5 X 11.  It does this automatically.  The
only thing that IrfanView does on your computer is to
change the icons on all of your photo type files to
the "bug" that is their primary icon.  You can load
another photo type program after IrfanView and take
care of this.  But, until you do that, you will get
the "bug" as the icon whenever you look at the
folders.

The other thing that you can do is to download the
pages in the gif or jpeg format from BAMA and use a
program like Adobe PhotoShop.  Therein you have to go
to the photo size and reduce the width to 8 inches and
the height should take care of itself.  I did this
before getting the IrfanView program.

The fact that K4XL changes many of the uploads to gif
causes them to be expanded very greatly.  Also,
original gif files do the same.  It seems that gif
files are really 75 dpi, they expand the page size
when the 300 dpi that is preferred for BAMA scans are
converted.  Most gif files take from half to
two-thirds the size of the same thing in jpeg, that is
why he converts text type files to gif.  JPEG files
for photos are normally left intact since the clarity
is much better than gif.

In any case, you should download the file to your
computer before trying to print it.

Glen, K9STH

--- Grant Shorten <gshorten at CINCI.RR.COM> wrote:

I downloaded IrfanView ftp for BAMA and I can't shrink
the size of some pages.  I am getting  a printout of
only a portion of a page. Why and what have I missed.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com