SW-7

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Fri Nov 9 09:53:56 EST 2001

Hi Floyd;

Sounds like acoustic feedback. Some heathkits with an internal speaker
were bad for this, especially the GR-54 and GR-64. Heathkit even mounted
the tuning capacitor on rubber grommets, but if you turned the volume up
it still squealed. This is caused by the sound waves from the speaker
vibrating components in the oscillator circuit causing the IF frequency
to be modulated, which is detected and fed to the speaker where the
circle is completed. The best solution is to use an external speaker.
Good luck.

73,

Ed