SB-400 Question:

Joe Cro N3IBX Yardleyite at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 12 21:31:15 EST 2001

Dear Fellow Heathens,
                              I have the same lower output on my
SB-400/401's, SB-102, and HotWaters 100 and 101 when tuning up on 10 meters.
I've often pondered why they all have lower output on the higher bands.
Coincidentally, I have a number of sweep tube rigs that have the same
problem. I've tried alignment after alignment, tube replacements, and just
about anything else I could think of. The only thing that makes any sense to
me is the components have changed value due to aging. What may work well on
75 and 40 meters may not on 15 and especially ten meters if out of spec. I
haven't swapped out parasitic suppressors, coupling caps etc but I just may
give it a try to see if it helps.

I acquired a literally "brand new" HotWater 101 that I had the distinction of
being the first to have it on the air. It was built by a SK who's family
passed it along to a Ham neighbor who completed it and then sold it to me a
few years ago. Surprisingly the output on 10M was in the neighborhood of 80
watts with a fully dipped plate.

Just my two cents worth.........
                                             Mod-U-Later,
                                                                Joe Cro N3IBX