Electrolytic Cleanup

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 15 18:23:30 EST 2001

IIRC, the goop is caustic, so vinegar would seem to be a good choice.
You can wash it down afterwards with warm water and baking soda.

Regards,

Neil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doc Bogner" <dbogner at CLAND.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 3:05 PM
Subject: Electrolytic Cleanup

What's the best way to clean up boards and components after
electrolyte leaks out from an electrolytic capacitor?

When I was being brought up in the phenolic board days, I was taught
to remove the faulty cap, scrub the affected components and board with
a dry brush, then replace the cap. Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Doc