DX-40 is Alive!

Richard H. Arland rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Nov 16 22:39:10 EST 2001

Gang:

Thanks for all the positive feedback from those who responded to my
posting.

I've been an on-again, off-again Boat Anchor fan since I started in this
silly hobby in 1963. There is something quite gratifying about taking
one of these old classic rigs, irrespective of make, manufacturer or
model, and restoring it to it's former glory. Its a great feeling to put
these old War Horses back on the air where they belong. Many times these
rigs were our Novice stations or our first AM phone rig. They are a part
of radio history and, in some small way, when we take an old beat up rig
and lovingly restore and use it, we are preserving our portion of radio
history. Boy, do I LOVE radios that glow in the dark!

God Bless

73 Rich K7SZ