SB-1000 receive relay sticking?

Jan sluchak jsluchak at PACBELL.NET
Mon Nov 19 20:21:24 EST 2001

Hello Gentlemen,
I am working on a SB-1000 recently aquired.  Have notice two things that
I could use council on:
1.  Meter does not work in the Peak reading position.  Have gone to the
manual and check the parts: 2 resistors, a cap and a diode and the
switch. All ok. (checked per the troubleshooting section).  Any other
place to look.  Meter operates normally in other functions.

2. The unit also occasionally sticks in receive. To be clearer, after it
has relayed and keyed for transmitt, it releases but I don't get the
full receive signal back.  I end up keying short stabs and the receive
signal comes back. I know it is the amp because when this appears, I
shut the amp off and the full receive signal returns to the transceiver
per normal.  The manual does not refer to this problem, so before I put
blue shower on it, or whatever, can someone offer a suggestion or
possible mention if they had this problem too?

Thanks for help.
Jan