Ebay

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Thu Nov 22 11:40:03 EST 2001

If thats Ebay's policy then they had better cancel ALL the ads i've been seeing
for the Yaesu 757 transceiver.  And I've been seeing LOTS of those units on
Ebay recently.    All you have to do to put it on CB or ANY
frequency from the bottom of the broadcast band up to 30 mhz is open it up
and change the position of one little switch inside.  While I don't use mine anywhere but the ham bands (including WARC bands which it wouldn't transmit on before throwing the little switch) and MARS frequencies, I could go on any CB channel with 100 watts now that I've switched that little slide switch to
the other position.
The fact is, ANY ham rig that has 10 meters in it can be put on the CB band with
little or no problem at all.  Guess Ebay better just eliminate their transmitter and
transceiver categories period, except for VHF transmitters and transceivers.
Ray  wa7itz