Ebay

Multi-Volti Devices (Murray) multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Thu Nov 22 20:48:52 EST 2001

Hello:

I didn't read the auction listing, but maybe they are watching for certain
words...I would assume if your description implied it could be used for CB
(I really doubt you did, considering you have a W0 1 x 3 call (oldtimer)),
or maybe they're dumb enough to consider Yaesu as a suspect word because
Yaesu's been popular for spectrum misuse.

I'm just guessing. Does seem pretty weird to me, 'though.

Murray

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Tippin <w0akg at AEROSURF.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 7:14 AM
Subject: Ebay

Here's one for you, Ebay just cancelled my Auction For a Yaesu FT-101EE,
said it was against Ebays rules to list a Item that can Transmit on the
Amateaur and CB Bands. How many unit's do you suppose were built by
Yaesu-Icom-Kenwood -Heatkit and so forth, that all a Person had to do was
insert a CB xtal.
 I sent them a Email and told them they had better hire a full time person
to investigate all the Transceivers that are listed on Ebay that Transmit on
both Bands.
Do'nt know why I was singled out.
 Comments?
Martin L Tippin  W0AKG